The tenor recorder has a mellow sound many people find appealing. Weighing in at about a pound and measuring two feet long, the tenor is bigger than the soprano or alto. It is not a good choice for a child because the distance between the holes will be too wide for small hands. The fingering is the same as the smaller recorders, though, so the
· How to play tenor recorder : Unboxing and assembling Yamaha YRT BII tenor recorder Paul Chin. Loading... Unsubscribe from Paul Chin? Cancel Unsubscribe. Working... Subscribe Subscribed ...
· Autoplay When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next. Up next How to play ALL the notes on the recorder! | Team Recorder - Duration:
· Autoplay When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next. Up next Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Winter II, for tenor recorder - Duration:
This is the Yamaha Corporation [Musical Instrument Guide] website. This article contains information about the Recorder [How to Play the Recorder:Recorder fingering]
Helpful Hints for Playing the Recorder 1) Hold your body straight and relaxed. 2) Left hand is on top. 3) In playing the recorder, fingers are numbered, starting with the index finger: 1, 2, 3. The left thumb covers the thumb hole at the back. 4) Use the pads of your fingers, not the fingertips. 5) Place the mouthpiece between the lips.
Teens and adults who know how to play soprano, can automatically play tenor recorder. Aulos bass recorders have a choice of blowing directly into the recorder or blowing into a bocal. The low tone of this F instrument is beautiful and adds depth to a consort. Use the new Nine-Note Recorder Method for BASS to learn to play.
The tenor recorder, like the soprano recorder, is tuned in C, but an octave lower. Because of its larger size, many tenors have keys to make it easier to play the lowest C, C♯, D, and D♯. In modern notation , the tenor is written at sounding pitch, unlike most of the other recorder sizes, which (except sometimes the alto) are written an octave lower than they sound ( Lasocki ).
You can purchase recorder music books that notate songs using a recorder fingering chart method, but if you want to play a recorder seriously, it will pay to learn how to read basic music notation. Learning to read music notes can take time, but a beginning recorder book can help you identify the basics you'll need to read simple sheet music
Which Recorder to Buy? When first learning how to play the recorder, a plastic one is recommended.. There is a wide range of plastic instruments. The extra cost of a better one is money well spent. We recommend the Yamaha plastic recorders, which feature good intonation and easy playability.
· The recorder is a woodwind musical instrument that was popular as early as the 14th century. It produces a soft, flute-like sound. Compared to other instruments, the recorder is relatively easy to play, making it a great first instrument for kids or novice musicians.
· I had a little cheap soprano recorder I was playing and I wanted to play something that was not so high pitched. So I bought a tenor recorder. But I was supprised how big it was. It is a little larger than a clarinet. I played the clarinet for four years before I decided I could not stand the sound. The holes are spaced far apart, so it is a bit awkward. This is a C tenor. When I play the low
The recorder is a woodwind musical instrument in the group known as internal duct flutes—flutes with a whistle mouthpiece, also known as fipple flutes. A recorder can be distinguished from other duct flutes by the presence of a thumb-hole for the upper hand and seven finger-holes: three for the upper hand and four for the lower.
If you are having trouble knowing whether you are hitting the correct sharp with your recorder, get the sheet music to a song whose tune you know well and that has a number of sharps in it. When you know the song well, you'll know what the tone should sound like when you play it. If it sounds wrong, keep practicing getting exactly the correct
The recorder, a wooden flute, is a good choice for a first instrument because it is possible to learn the fingering and start making music with little fuss. The most common recorders are the soprano and alto. The longer the recorder, the deeper its notes and the farther apart your fingers will be. It doesn't much matter which size you start
This is the Yamaha Corporation [Musical Instrument Guide] website. This article contains information about the Recorder [How to Play the Recorder:Familiar but challenging recorder performances]
Make Offer - Wooden Mollenhauer Solist Tenor Recorder, Baroque, with Key, Dark Pearwood Pro. Twin-Wood Simulated & Ivory Tenor Recorder-Baroque Finger+Leatherette Bag
You can play the note C in three different octaves on the recorder, each of which has a separate set of fingerings. The first is middle C. (Though now used for note reference on other instruments, the term “middle C” was originally coined based on placement on a piano, as it sits almost exactly in the middle of the conventional key keyboard.)
· How to Play the Treble Recorder. There is a vast array of music written for both solo treble (or alto) recorder and for the instrument as part of an ensemble. It forms a key part of the recorder quartet and recorder orchestra, and is often
These recorders are inexpensive and almost impossible to break and you can clean them easily. To remove dirt, saliva, body oils and bacteria that transfer from the hands and mouth to the recorder, clean the recorder every 1 to 2 weeks with an inexpensive cleaning solution.
ASW GUIDE TO RECORDERS. During the past two decades, recorder makers have produced a wide variety of instruments, some intended for highly specialized purposes and others for more general performance use.
· How to Take Care of Your Recorder. You have just bought a recorder and you're taking lessons and everything, but you want to know how to take care of your recorder so it doesn't become dirty. Here's how you do it. Clean the air passage
How to Play the Recorder. The recorder is one of the easier musical instruments to play. It just takes a little patience and practice. Being a quiet flute-like instrument, the recorder is unlikely to bug the neighbors. The recorder is also ideal for kids, perhaps as a first instrument before they try a more challenging one. Read on to learn how
Place the tip of the recorder into your mouth. Remember, you are going to play the recorder, not eat it, so make sure that your teeth are not touching the mouthpiece. If your teeth are touching the mouthpiece, you have the recorder to far into your mouth. Move the recorder …
At the time its name was coined, the word recorden was used, meaning to play or to practice music, thus the recorder. It is a member of a family of end-blown flutes, known as fipple flutes, which includes flageolets and tin whistles. The recorder is set apart from these other members of the family by eight holes along its pipe.
· 3D Recorder Fingering Chart shows you the position of the fingers on the instrument. You can hear the sound of each musical note. There is a demonstration by 3d models, so you will learn how to play recorder. You can choose different types of recorder: sopranino, soprano, alto, tenor, bass. Baroque and German fingering.
The alto recorder in F, also known as a treble (and, historically, as consort flute and common flute) is a member of the recorder family. Up until the 17th century the alto instrument was normally in G 4 instead of F 4 (Lasocki , (ii) Renaissance; Sachs , 50).
It's been 1 year + I have playing my tenor recorder, self revise music theory and learning how to to convert/transpose piano notes to recorder from scratch but till this day I really wish to turn back the clock when I could just lower my pride and boost my tolerance for potential screeching, I could have progress even faster in my recorder covers
How to Read Sheet Music and Play the Descant Recorder. A step by step guide to reading music in simple lessons, plus chords, Jazz chord progressions, Jokes and more.
The Aulos collection of Tenor recorders are made of highly resilient ABS plastic feature sleek design cues and small to medium spaced finger holes. All Aulos Tenor recorders use Baroque (english) fingering unless otherwise noted and come with a deluxe carrying …
With The Big Print Music Method, almost anyone can learn to play the recorder!With extra-large fingering charts, color-coded keyboards, and oversized staves, The Big Print Music Method provides convenient, easy music education for a wider range of ages and conditions than ever before! What is the best age for learning recorder? The answer to this question is linked to the size of the recorder.
· This video is for adults with no musical background. The notes F, G, and A are covered, as well as articulation, blowing into the instrument, holding the recorder, and proper care of the instrument.
The soprano recorder in c 2, also known as the descant, is the third-smallest instrument of the modern recorder family and is usually played as the highest voice in four-part ensembles (SATB = soprano, alto, tenor, bass).Since its finger spacing is relatively small, it is often used in music education for children first learning to play an instrument.
There are many types within the soprano recorder family (including the soprano, tenor, great, sub contra and others) and alto recorder family (including the sopranino, alto, bass and contrabass), with each of these types one octave higher in pitch than its predecessor.
unit 7 88 Violet: Of course! I want all those candles to go out. Composer: Right. But when you play the recorder, you’re not blowing out birthday candles. If you use that much air when you play your recorder, it will squeak! Instead, pretend that you are blowing gently on a single candle ﬂ ame so that it ﬂ ickers back and forth, but doesn
Make Offer - Moeck Tuju Flote Recorder Maple 19" w Key Pad in Incredible Condition w Case Moeck Meisterstück bass recorder baroque fingering 50 years old maple Very rare $1,
The following is for a soprano or tenor recorder. To play a low G note: Cover the first, second, and third holes, and the back hole with the thumb. To play a high G note: Cover the first, second
A beginners guide to the alto recorder for first-time adult music student who always wanted to play a musical instrument, but never thought you could. Well, now you can!
The accompanying recording by the composer offers two renderings: one on alto recorder, and another with sopranino and tenor randomly superposed. The piece is not specifically for recorders; other instruments may play instead of, or in conjunction with recorders. Contrasting ranges are desirable when two (but advisably not more) instruments play. The possibilities are infinite, so let your
Blow into the recorder with the six holes covered, then again as you take your right ring finger off of the second to last hole. These are the first two notes in the song. Pull up your right index and middle fingers simultaneously as you blow into the recorder to make the next note sound.
If you have never played recorder before, (or if 3rd grade was a long time ago) this lesson should help you learn the basics of recorder playing: how to play all the notes and how to fix the squeaks. Play beginning recorder.
Learning soprano recorder (and then possibly tenor) is most useful if you plan to play Renaissance ensemble music, of which there is a rich literature playable on recorders. If you prefer playing Baroque music, you may want to start learning on an alto.
If you wish to buy a high-class recorder with an appealing outlook, elegant design and high functional efficiency, the YRS B has got you covered. This Soprano recorder is among the most widely used Yamaha models, and it is often recommended because of responsive play and clear sound. The rosewood finish adds to the instrument’s visual
· Fingering Chart for all recorders, flutes in C and flute in F: Soprano, tenor, alto, treble, sopranino, bass Keep always with you all fingering charts of the recorder instruments - Flutes in C and flutes in F - Baroque and german system - Alternative fingerings available - Sound available for each note (MIDI sound) - Sound volume control - The drawing can be reversed to see the instrument as
Your online recorder teacher. Together we'll achieve your musical goals. We play every step together. Perhaps you've never played before. Or you play now, and want to improve. This course gets your music to where you want it. Much sooner than you'd expect.
how to play tenor recorder